Setting up Bank Feeds in QuickBooks Online
Setting up an automatic bank feed in QuickBooks:
Before starting please make sure that you have all of the log in information for each bank account that you wish to add to QuickBooks. This is because to complete the connection you will need to log into your online banking for the account you wish to add.
- Log into your QuickBooks online account
- Navigate to the Banking tab and select the option 'Link Account' on the right side of the screen
- Then select the bank account you want to connect from the list provided. If you can't see the bank account you wish to connect then try searching for it using the search bar.
- Once you have selected the bank you wish to connect to please press continue.
- This should then prompt you to log into the online banking that the bank account is connected to.
- Follow the on screen instructions given by QuickBooks in order to get this connection finalised.
You can repeat this process for as many bank accounts as necessary and it even works with Credit card accounts too.
Please note that once this has been connected you will need to reauthorize the connection in QuickBooks every 90 days.
This can be done by navigating to the banking screen and selecting the 'Reconnect' prompt under the disconnect bank account. This should then ask you to log into the relevant online banking for the account in order to reconnect the automatic bank feed.