Using QuickBooks to Upload Invoices
There are 3 ways to upload invoices into QuickBooks
Via the QuickBooks app, an email-in address and an upload on QuickBooks online
Using the QuickBooks App:
The QuickBooks app is free to download on IOS, Android and Google phones.
All you need to do to get started is log into your QuickBooks account:
• This should bring up a dashboard showing you all your data available in QuickBooks
• Navigate to the Menu tab and then select Receipt Snap
• This will then open up the camera on your phone.
• Please make sure when taking photos that the whole document can be seen and it is clear and readable. Please retake the photo if it is blurry or you have missed some of the document.
• Once you have taken the photo press the next button, this will take you to another page where you can fill in the details of the document.
• QuickBooks will try to fill in the details by extracting the text from the document.
• Please double check that QuickBooks has extracted the right date, supplier/customer name, category, gross, net and VAT amounts.
• Once you have checked that all the details on the invoice have been extracted correctly press confirm. This will create either a bill or sales invoice with all those extracted details and the photo you have taken attached.
Using the email in address:
QuickBooks has a special email address that allows all attachments sent to it to be uploaded straight to QuickBooks receipts.
To find this email please log in to your QuickBooks online and navigate to the Banking tab > Receipts
• You will find your forwarding email under the option 'manage forwarding email'
• Any emails with attachments that are sent to this email address will be automatically sent into QuickBooks receipts and have their data extracted.
• This feature is especially great if you have suppliers who send over invoices and credit notes via email as standard. As you can ask them to forward the invoices to the email address associated with QuickBooks receipts and QuickBooks will start extracting the data for you.
Using a manual upload:
Alternatively if you do not want your suppliers to send these emails straight to QuickBooks you can manually upload these to QuickBooks online.
To do this please log into QuickBooks and navigate to the Banking tab > Receipts
• You will see the option to upload documents from your computer.
• You can either double click on this option and select the files for upload from your computer or drag and drop documents straight into that box.
When using both of these methods of upload you will need to double check that QuickBooks has extracted the correct data for each invoice. Please double check that QuickBooks has extracted the right date, supplier/customer name, category, gross, net and VAT amounts. If QuickBooks has taken all the data correctly from the invoice then please approve the invoice. This will create a bill or sales invoice in QuickBooks using the data it has extracted and the attachment.